Monday, July 28, 2008

The plane that started it all - for me, Curtiss Robin C-1, "The Texas Lady".

This is my first time to try blogging. I chose to make the topic about my interests in Antique Airplanes and Aviation History. So to start it all off, I have to pay tribute to our family heirloom, the Robin. Built in 1929, this Curtiss-Robertson "Robin" model C-1 has been a part of our family since 1967 when my dad (John Bowden) bought it from a Mr. Harold Owen in Seymour, Missouri. I was 3-yrs old at the time. I'll be adding more information and stories about the Robin in future posts. For now, I'll just say that this Robin holds a special place in my heart and in the hearts of our whole family. The memories of my youth are filled with Robin stories and the special times I spent with my dad working on this plane and flying with him. She's a grand old bird with a colorful history. Look for more on NR82H in the future.

http://barnstmr.blogspot.com/2008/08/curtiss-robin-c-1-texas-lady-part-2.html

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=239821555/a=124275888_124275888/t_=124275888

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barnstmr's Random Slideshow

Blog Followers