Monday, May 14, 2012

Another Curtiss Robin changes hands.

David Baumbach has quietly become the most prolific Curtiss Robin collector of the past few years.   This is great news!!


05/10/12
Terry:  I wanted to report that I have a third Curtiss robin.  I will send photos next week.
Best Regards, .......... David Baumbach

05/11/12
Hey David, Thats great news.  Which one?  Is it flying or a project?  I look forward to the photos. .... Terry

05/14/12
Terry:  We got it from the Yanks Museum; Yanks got it several years ago from the Douglas Santa Monica.  It is a model J-1 s/n 679, N679R.  It is powered with 220 Cont engine, has a Ham std prop, and is currently disassembled.  The fabric appears to be airworthy so we will assemble it and attempt to fly it this summer.   I will email photos. .....  David 

WE ARE EXCITED ABOUT THIS AND LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING SOME PHOTOS FROM DAVID SOON.   STAY TUNED!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Barnstmr's Random Slideshow

Blog Followers